7 ways a Creative Virtual Assistant can boost your business
Updated: May 17
Do you have dreams of scaling your business but you’re not quite ready for the
commitment of another member of staff?
Or do you have a new product or service you’d like to launch but need an extra pair of skilled hands without the big marketing agency price tag?
If you answered yes to any of the above then you’d no doubt benefit from hiring a Virtual Assistant (or VA for short). But first, let’s address the elephant in the room…
What the heck is a Virtual Assistant?
I know some of you were thinking it – and if you were you’re in good company…
I first heard the term ‘VA’ at my daughter’s playgroup. A strange setting for business talk but a friend of mine and Leicestershire based business owner suggested: “You should definitely look into it…you’d make a great one”. I was considering my options of returning to work after trading in my 15-year career in PR / marketing for #mumlife when my eldest was born. Owning my own business had never crossed my mind - and I’d certainly never heard of a ‘VA’ or ‘Virtual Assistant’ before…well apart from Alexa…
So to put it simply:
A Virtual Assistant (VA) is a highly-skilled, independent professional who provides creative, technical and /or administrative business support services - usually from their own homes.
How can a Virtual Assistant help me?
Well the ways which a VA can help you and your business are endless, but here are the game changers that all small business owners need to know about…
1. Provide specialist support – A lot of VA’s (myself included) bring with them a wealth of experience, knowledge and a specific skillset. I’m a Creative VA, specialising in
content creation, marketing and PR. I take the headache out of writing professional and SEO boosting blogs, social media posts, press releases, and marketing materials. (Take a look at my Wing Woman Services on my website for a bit more inspo.)
2. Save time – Not only will they save you time doing the jobs you don’t want to do (or have the skills to do), but they also save you from wasting time on hiring and training new staff to get what you need done.
3. Organisation is key – To grow your business effectively, you need a plan. And for a plan to work you need a little organisation. A Virtual Assistant can help you get organised and implement parts of your plan, scheduling your social media, manage your calendar, organize your systems, and generally make running your business so much smoother.
4. Affordable support – Because VAs work on an “as needed basis” you are not tied into any contracts or commitments. You only pay for the work they do for you and you do
n’t need to pay for any of their perks such as holiday or sick pay, national insurance, equipment, or supplies.
5. Increase clientele – A Creative VA (like Hawthorn House VA) can assist you with marketing and PR support, increasing your clientele and get you seen by your ideal dream clients. They will also free up your valuable time so you can service your current customers more effectively. Creative VA's can handle all your marketing and publicity helping you to spread the word about your product or services.
6. Polished to perfection – A Creative Virtual Assistant can make your marketing materials website shine by giving it that polished professional presentation which is sure to capture your audience and promote all your products and services. (The majority of us are whizzes on Canva as we use it day in day out.)
7. A Wing Woman who's always got your back – A Virtual Assistant can also be instrumental in proofing, editing, and typing all your correspondence. With competition fierce right now, don’t let a sloppy typo stand in the way of you getting new clients on your books.
For more information on how Hawthorn House Virtual Assistants can help you and your business get in touch for a free 20 minute no obligation discovery call or check out our Wing Woman Services on our website www.hawthornhouseva.co.uk/services